Custom Packaging for Etched Metal Parts
Fotofab offers a variety of standard and custom packaging options to ensure your photo etched parts arrive safely. Regardless of the order quantity, you can choose from any of the following packaging options or you can work with one of our sales representatives to develop custom packaging for your order.
For parts that are intended to ship flat, the most cost-effective part packaging option is to leave the parts tabbed into the metal sheet webbing. This method of standard packaging minimizes handling damage and makes part inventorying a snap.
The sheets of tabbed parts are separated by corrosion inhibiting paper, secured within foam sheets, and packaged in an ultra-sturdy box.
Detached Parts Packaging
Fotofab understands that many OEMs are not equipped or staffed to remove large quantities of parts from the metal sheets they are produced on. Therefore, we are happy to offer our customers a detaching service. This service is automatically provided for all parts that are to be formed by Fotofab.
The incremental charges for the detaching service and packaging type vary by project. If you would like to utilize this service please note it on your quote request form or call us to discuss this option further.
Custom Packaging Options
Fotofab offers many standard and custom packaging options for etched metal parts.
- Bulk Packaging – parts packed in a secure plastic bag inside a sturdy box (best for parts that do not tangle easily).
- Tube Packaging – typically appropriate for packing individual detached parts.
- Foam Layer Packaging – best for formed 3-dimensional parts.
- Pick and Place Tray Packaging – if assembling parts with automated pick and place equipment, pick and place trays are available.
- Tape and Reel Packaging – Tape and reel packaging is typically the choice for high-volume production. Available in standard and custom sizes, please check with us before specifying this option.
Both pick and place trays and custom tape and reel packaging require tooling and have a longer delivery lead time for the first order. Depending on your delivery requirement, tape and reel tooling can be made in as few as two days on an expedited premium basis.
Additional Custom Packaging
If we have not listed your preferred form of packaging, let us know what you need on your quote.
Contact Our Experts Today
Fotofab is ISO & AS9100D Certified, ITAR Registered, and RoHS compliant.
Get in touch if you have questions or are ready to start your custom project.