Spring Steel is a wide range of Steels used in the manufacture of springs. They are generally low-alloy Manganese, medium-Carbon Steel, or high-carbon Steel. Spring steel chemical etching is used for a variety of applications.
Fotofab's chemical etching process produces designs that can withstand harsh indoor and outdoor environments. The process uses a strong caustic chemical to cut into into unprotected parts of a metal surface to create a design or image formed to your project's applications.
Fotofab products are made in the USA and distributed worldwide.
Characteristics of Spring Steel
- High yield strength
- Deformation resistant
- Resilient and pliable
- Ability to be formed and shaped post heat treating
Chemical Etching Spring Applications
As a general use Steel, Spring Steel is used in a variety of commercial applications, prominently in automotive and industrial suspension applications, including:
- Spring clamps
- Vehicle coil springs
- Commonly referred to as annealed Spring Steel
- Processed by cold drawing, cold rolling, or heat treating to give it its elastic properties and yield strength
- There are many grades of Steel that can be hardened and tempered to suit an application as a spring, but some Steels exhibit more desirable characteristics for spring applications
- Spring steel in the hardened and tempered condition is used mainly for the production of flat springs, blades and saws