Photochemical Machining (PCM) Whitepaper
Complex, precision metal components are found in a variety of applications in aerospace, military defense, medical, telecommunications, automotive, electronics, and more. The demand for smaller parts with intricate designs and geometries continues to rise with advancements in technology. However, traditional manufacturing processes, such as stamping, CNC machining, and laser cutting can negatively affect the metal’s integrity and compromise the performance of critical parts resulting in catastrophic failure.
Download PCM Whitepaper
Fill out the form below to download.
This whitepaper explains:
- What photochemical etching (PCM) is and the steps involved in its process.
- The types of metals that can be etched by PCM.
- Limitations of PCM in regards to part size and metal thickness.
- What industries can benefit from using PCM over traditional machining processes.
- The different application components created through the PCM process.
Explore Metals We Chemically Etch
Here at Fotofab, we provide photochemical machining (chemical etching, acid etching) services for a wide range of metals and alloys.
Contact Our Experts Today
Fotofab is ISO & AS9100D Certified, ITAR Registered, and RoHS compliant.
Get in touch if you have questions or are ready to start your custom project.