Titanium chemical etching is an excellent process for components that require corrosion resistance in a variety of industries.
Fotofab routinely manufactures parts quickly and safely from Titanium in a wide range of alloys. When using photo etching, there is no added cost to add a feature, whether you need a thousand holes in a part or one single hole.
Fotofab's etching process produces designs that can withstand harsh indoor and outdoor environments. The process uses a strong caustic chemical to cut into unprotected parts of a metal surface to create a design or image formed to your project's specifications.
Fotofab products are made in the USA and distributed worldwide.
Characteristics of Titanium:
- Low-density and high strength
- Corrosion resistant
- Very pliable, particularly in oxygen-free environments
- Non-ferromagnetic, is not susceptible to magnetization
- Low electrical and thermal conductivity
- High melting point (1,650 °C or 3,000 °F)
- Biocompatible, non-toxic
Applications of Acid Etched Titanium:
Its strength-to-density ratio makes Titanium excellent for applications used in a variety of industries, and for components requiring corrosion resistant, anti-fatigue, non-magnetic, and/or extended temperature resistance properties. Fotofab etches and fabricates Titanium parts for many industries, including:
- Marine and military
- Medical instruments and devices
- Medical implantables and implements
- The material poses a unique challenge for photo etching in that it is extremely resistant to most acids so it requires the use of hydrofluoric acid, which is extremely hazardous
- Titanium alloys are extremely hard and can wear out cutting tools quickly
- Fotofab has worked with Titanium grades 1, 2, 3, and 5