Fotofab's design guides were created for those involved in the design or purchase of thin metal parts. Our chemical etching process places no limit on the complexity of a part’s configuration other than the size of the etched features relative to the thickness of the material. Each of our design guides provide:
- An overview of the Fotofab photochemical machining process
- General guidelines for designing photo-etched parts
- Engineering and cost advantages of Fotofab photochemical machining
- Design considerations of thin metal parts
- Tips for engineering drawings/sketches
Advantages of Photochemical Machining
Photochemical machining, also known as chemical etching or acid etching, offers many advantages over traditional metal fabrication methods such as stamping and laser cutting. These benefits include:
- Speed of production
- Flexibility of complex part geometries
- Repeatability (from prototype to production)
- Cost effectiveness
Compared to other fabrication methods, tooling costs are especially low.
Download design guides to learn more now!
Still Can't Decide?
Are you unsure whether photo chemical machining is right for your project? Check out this resource provided by the Photo Chemical Machining Institute (PCMI), for a more in-depth look at the benefits of our etching process. Click HERE.